Re: Tires...Hmmm

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 23:46:52 EDT

Just wondering what sort of experiences people have had with the stock Wrangler RT/S. I've had absolutely no problems with mine (31 x 10.5), along with the T&H package, and get fantastic traction. 'Course, I don't pop the clutch at 3G's and see what happens, but I doubt many of us do. For example, we just went from a sunny 27C last week to -1 C and 6 inches of snow on Tuesday, and I had no difficulty driving around. This is without using the 4 wheeler either. This is also the third set of Wrangler's I've owned on a truck (or Jeep), and only one set was ever disappointing. In fact, I got better traction with my Wranglers than I did with a set of Riken Raider Radial RV's. Perhaps I'm missing something, or maybe I've just had better luck with Goodyears in the snow.

Pat Buthmann

'97 Dakota Sport, CC, V8, 5 Spd, Nuthin' else matters....