Re: Horn?

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 09:37:15 EDT

At 11:54 AM 5/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> Got the same weak bleat out of my wife's 89 Sundance. Searched the
>> auto-wreckers for a H horn to pair up with the single L horn. Now it
>> sounds just like a full size Dodge.
>
> Are the horns marked so that you know which are high and which are
>low tone?

Yes, they're marked. Dakota Shop Manual also says L (low) horn comes in
truck. The L and H (high) horns also sound different.

>> You could also try replacing the horn with an after-market horn (FIAM?)
>
> I've been seriously considering getting the cheapo $25 air horn
>setup. They claim 135dB, but I'd like to talk to someone before
>getting them. If they sound like a really loud fart, I'll just
>keep the stock horn. ;)

Stock H horn costs $30.00 (Canadian) at the dealer, plus installation. My
choice is the stock horns. I
think a Dakota should sound like a Dodge not an Italian sports car. But, I
do like the sound of Cadillac horns (boo, hiss GM) ... if I could only find
a set.

> Ron

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com