RE: Front clip

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 12:52:09 EDT

> Hate to take the 'wind out of your sails', but .... CNG (propane)
> conversions are done regularly here... propane is 1/3 - 1/2 the price of
> gasoline. Propaneing Dakotas is very popular, particularly for fleet use.
[Pat Buthmann]
Rob,

        I hate to take the wind out of your sails, but CNG is NOT the same as propane. Natural gas is Methane, not propane. Natural gas vehicles are the type you can fill up by using the pump installed at your house, a few friends of mine in Calgary are using it. It is still quite rare though. Propane is extremely popular here however, but the price is hovering around 29 cents a litre, which makes it hard to justify. I loved my old propane powered Chevy when the price was 8.9 cents a litre!

Pat Buthmann