dakota shocks

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 13:58:24 EDT

} From: earl@conf-recruiters.com (Groce, Earl)
} Subject: Front sway bar?, new shocks?
}
} 1, I noticed that one of the rubber donuts is gone off the front
} swaybar. Is there a source of aftermarket harder compound donuts?

The people that make the aftermarket sway bars usually sell urethane
bushing kits too. (Addco, Hellwig, Suspension Techniques).

} 2. My new (to me) 92 v6 cc 88k feels to me like it needs shocks. I
} dont want my kidneys to bleed, If i live long enough, I'll be 50 in
} november. I do however want a solid ride. are there members that
} have replaced their worn shocks with aftermarket shocks that are
} satisfied with the ride? If so, what shocks did you use? Describe
} your ride.

I ditched the stock front shocks at 3000 miles because they allowed the
front end to bounce up and down so much. I got a set of KYBs for
$100/pair. They are much stiffer and the ride is now well controlled, but
not too stiff at all for me. I have a club cab, V8, and AC so it is a long
heavy truck. A short bed standard cab with a 4 cly might feel pretty stiff
with the same shocks.

} --------------------------------------------------------------------------
} From: "Robert Lee Cobb Jr." <S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu>
} Subject: Front sway bar?, new shocks? -Reply
}
} Earl, I've got Racho 5000 series shocks at all 4 corners, and the
} ride is fine, but a little stiff. HOWEVER, most of the stiffness I
} believe could be due to the 1 1/2" shorter and stiffer coil springs
} up front, as well as the helper springs in the back. AND, I'm
} running 225/60/16's at all 4 corners. Yep, 16" wheels. Look pretty

I didn't know Rancho made shocks for 2WD trucks.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD