Reliability

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 17:30:29 EDT

The speed sensor business got me to thinking. The geared starters on the
Dakota are a reliability problem (and a _itch to change on a 4x4). Mine
started to act up at around 70K miles. Problem there is copper contacts
that are too thin. The speed sensor washer is too thin. Planned failure
at about 100K miles, I guess.

Which leads me to ask - what's next? How much longer can I rely on my
stock water pump, for example? I take really good care of my cooling
system - distilled water and coolant change every two years. No sign
of any problems - YET.

Any other high mileage Dakota jockies with over 110,000 miles ?

Jim
No animals or human beings were killed, injured, maimed, detained for
questioning, arrested, oppressed, deported, sent to detention camps, or
otherwise deprived of their constitutional rights during the production of
this post. -- Randy Ragsdale