Finally someone took me up on it...

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Thu May 29 1997 - 22:48:38 EDT

Well,

        I finally had the chance (no guts, no glory) to smoke some poor Cheby driver's dumb ass into the dust! I'm not sure why he did, but the poor kid wanted to impress his girlfriend, and as he pulled up beside the mighty Dak', he inched ever closer as the light finally jumped to green. He let 'er rip, and I gave him the first five feet, then proceeded to wipe that Cheby 350 up and down 6 city blocks. Now I only wish I had a '98 R/T (insert drool here...) as I probably would have beat him by about 3 blocks, instead of only 1. I probably could have stretched it even farther with an auto (shifts faster, especially in a pickup). And this is PURE stock '97, though I'd like to entertain the possibility of some additional low-end torque, a bit better breathing at the front end might help I'd imagine. Anyhoo, felt pretty damn good, beating the pants offa some souped up Cheby 350 (2wd, shortbox, pickup) in my mighty stock '97 Dak.

Pat Buthmann

'97 Dakota CC 4x4, 5.2 V8, 5 Spd, Sport, Black, All Black, and nothing but Black.