To Jon, re: wide email messages

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Fri May 30 1997 - 04:20:36 EDT

Jon:

When people use the "mail feature" on the Dak web page, I get mail
messages that don't contain any linefeeds. I hate trying to read
email messages that are 584 characters wide. Can you make some sort
of change to introduce linefeeds every 70 characters or so?

The reason I posted this to the list is to see if anyone feels the
same way. Is everyone else on the Dak list having trouble reading
the reeeeeeally wide email messages or is it just me?

The messages I'm talking about have this sig block at the end. The
text above this sig block goes on and on and on with no linefeeds or
carriage returns.

,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was
Jaek and (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow
gateway. That is to say, the /-------\/_/ : :: :: : )
person who sent this message could in fact be an / | MAIL|| \_ '
'`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was * ||""
|| \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
 ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the
world. Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and
-Jon-(stei0302)

Thanks.

=Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone