Re: Bed Protection

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 20:46:39 EDT

> ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC6F78.2FC79960
>
> Well, I bought my Dak to be a truck too, and racing it was not really my =
> interest. However, I've had vehicles in the past (not Mopar mind you) =
> where the box-liner wore the paint off the box, trapped enough water and =
> grit underneath the boxliner and rusted holes through the box. I had a =
> Mazda pickup where this was quite prevalent, along with an '87 Cheby =
> (bad year for paint though). Part of it is just about maintaining my =
> truck in the best possible condition. It's worth more to me in five =
> years if it still looks mostly brand new, regardless of what I've used =
> it for. Just because it's a truck doesn't mean it was built to be =
> abused, and just because it's a truck doesn't mean it doesn't help to =
> take pristine care of it.
>
> Pat

 Well Pat I have to agree, you can use a truck as a truck and still treat
it good, a truck that is taken care of will last longer, my '86 Ram is
used as a farm/work truck yet it is still on it's factory paint and except
for a few scratches still looks new, I wash it every couple of weeks and
wax it every couple of months, and after a waxing you can still see
yourself in the paint job. Taking care of a truck will help it last
longer.
Bruce