Re: Wheel spin

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 16:27:29 EDT

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents. I was going to replace the gears in mine
with 4.30. I have the SG unit and 3.90 and felt I could do it my self. I dug
out the FSM and read up on it. I changed my mind, there is a lot more to it
to do it right than I wanted to tackle. First place it requires special
tools, which I could have borrowed but the is a lot of adjusting and checking
to do it right. The mechanic told me it would take 3 to 4 hours at $40 per
hour and it would be worth it to me to have it done right.
Also according to the program I have lower gears do not gain you much in the
quarter but do eat up more gas.

Just my 2 cents

Bill