Re: Gears

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 16:28:44 EDT

<< Huh? I have 3.90 gearing, and 5 speed. First gear is pretty useful. It
 depends what you want it for! :P With my limited experience of drag
 racing
 (12 runs total todate), I have pulled every 'equal' car that I
 raced...through 2nd
 gear. 1st is great for towing too... Nothing like pulling away with barely
 any
 work on the engines part, and then accelerating through the gears.. >>

I was referring to the 3.90 not the 5 speed first gear. As I understand it
the 5 sp 1st gear is 4.01 vs the Auto 1st gear of 2.45 (in mine) that would
give the 5 sp a lot lower first gear. My point was that based on the tranny
gearing 3.9 may not be as beneficial for his purpose if he was getting the 5
sp. Did that make any more sense, I think it did but I thought the original
was clear???

Hey Sam which headers did you end up with??

Bill