Re: 5 speed availability and other matters

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 19:47:44 EDT

At 01:40 PM 6/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
<snip>
>I am looking to get the Mopar headers for the '97 Dakota 4x4. My question
is this...should I get
>the headers installed before the Gibson dual exhaust or get the exhaust
before the headers come
>out. Or does it matter?
>
>Anyway, I love this group and the discussions that are brought forward!
>
>Dave Thede
>'97 Dakota Sport+ CC 4x4 V8/5-speed 3.55
>K&N FIPK clone
>Mopar headers...Gibson dual exhaust someday soon I hope

Probably doesn't make much difference Dave. The exhaust will most likely
be the easier of the two though. If ya look at it that way, which do you
have more time for right now?

If you were to really analyze it I guess you could say if the stock
cat-back system is acting as a "cork" then the headers *should* wait till
after the Gibson. This way you'd get a noticable improvement with the
exhaust and then another with the headers.

  sean meldrum