Re: repeat messages

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 00:10:49 EDT

Hey Earl,

As far as the cooling problem goes, let me ask you this does it have
electric cooling fans, if so they may be bad. That would account for
overheating on short trips, and not on long trips because on long trips
you are going at a high rate of speed so there is plenty of airflow
through radiator with or without fans, but on a short trip you are going
slow speeds so not much airflow through rad, that's when fan is supposed
to kick in and keep engine cool. Know about this because had same problem
in a '89 Olds I used to have, when going on a 100 mile trip no problem but
when i let it idle while talking to someone it boiled over, cost me over
$100 for a new motor for fan. So I would advise checking that. As far as
handling i would suggest getting a rear sway bar and installing it, I
don't think they're that much, there was a discussion on them here 2 or 3
weeks ago, so I'm sure someone here can tell you where to find them at.
Have to agree with you on the 4 cylinder Dak, a 4 cylinder is fine in a
car, but in a truck they're about as useles as tits on a boar hog, they
can barely pull themselves, much less anything else.

Bruce