Extended Warranty....Should I buy?

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Mon Jun 09 1997 - 15:26:05 EDT

Hi gang,

So far I've bought an extended warranty on all my previously
owned vehicles, and now I'm contemplating buying one for my
new Dakota. Has anyone had any experience in this arena and
found it to be worth purchasing?

Like I said, I've had them for my previous two vehicles, and
had to use it on one of them. It seems that lately I've been
buying a new vehicle every two years. However, at the time
of warranty purchase I've intended to keep the vehicles
indefinately. I guess my point is that I've always had the
extra protection but never used it.

The dealer is offering me a good deal (what I consider to be
anyways) on the "Added Care" and "Maximum Care" service contracts.
The prices were ~$800 for the 5-100k $50 deductible "Added Care"
and ~$1000 for the "Maximum Care" with the same features. Plus,
right now they are offering 10 months "same as cash" financing
on them.

If I am going to do this, I would like to do it now and not
wait for the prices to go up.

thanks for the input,

Phil
'97 Dakota