Re: Magnum logo

From: jaallis (jaallis@ibm.net)
Date: Mon Jun 09 1997 - 17:16:49 EDT

Mathew DePasquale wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to remove the V6 or V8 magnum logo from their
> truck? If so, how did you do it?
>
> Thanks.. Mat

I removed the emblems from my truck. I very carefully used a thin
screwdriver to lift an edge and then I pulled them off with a pair of
needlenose pliers. I put a cotton rag under the screwdriver so I
wouldn't scratch the paint. I tried alot of things to get the remaining
sponge glue mess off. I didn't find anything OTC that worked. I told
my friend who worked for a local dealership to ask the body shop what
would work. They gave him about 3 ounces of some type of adhesive
remover and some plastic razor blades. I used this stuff and all the
remaining goo came of nicely. You could probably stop by a local body
shop and they'd have the same stuff, Might even do it for you.

Jay