Re: Mileage issues.. (long)

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Mon Jun 09 1997 - 19:20:20 EDT

----------
> From: Alan Casey <acasey@mail.io.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Mileage issues.. (long)
> Date: Monday, June 09, 1997 11:19 AM
>
> > From: "Sam Parthemer" <samp@cts.com>
> > To: <dakota@ait.fredonia.edu>
> > Subject: Re: Mileage issues.. (long)
> > Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 12:21:09 -0700
>

> > I really noticed a big low end hit from the headers... You might want
> > look into them.
> >
> > Sam '95 SLT
> >

> Hit? I take to mean that as a good thing? low
> end torque gain?
>
> If so I think I will. I noticed you said you
> have to tighten them fairly often, is this the
> norm?
>
> thanks
> Alan...

        Hit, as in 'punch', vavoom, etc... It
gets up and goes... The tightening routine is
basically 2 days, then 2 weeks, then 2 months, then
every 6 months thereafter... It only take a few minutes,
and I am now on the 6 months deal... So, twice a year
check the header bolts... The first part is critical to
keep from blowing out the gaskets... After you've gotten
to the every 6 months deal, it's safe to say you won't have
any problems...

        Sam '95 SLT