Re: More latenight cruisin'

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 01:39:08 EDT

Dakota wrote:

> > Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 16:29:12 -0400 (EDT)
> > From: WillTier@aol.com
> > To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> > Subject: Re: More latenight cruisin'
>
> > There was a, what lokked like pure stock, Mitsubishi Eclipse up at the drags
> > the other nigth turning in the 13's. It was a turbo but not sure what size
> > engine. The sucker woouulld run though. It was a AWD. TCTA It did not run
> > with any Dakotas so I couldn't compare it to one but I'm sure a Dak would
> > have whipped it..
> >
> > Bill
> >

> 13's ?? not unless your running along way from stock or nos or
> blown. I raced a 14.6 turbo eclipse a couple of weeks back that beat
> me. It was not stock according to the owner. I have done alot to
> mine but best run is still 14.8.
>
> Alan...

A guy I once knew had one of those AWD things with aftermarket
exhaust,filter & VCV(That's the thing that increases the boost.) I
believe it had about 14psi boost. He told everyone it ran 14.0 at 99mph.
Not many people believed that though. It would leap frog away from 5.0's
like the Budweiser frogs. I don't recall ever seeing it losing from a
dead stop but another 4 banger ate it up on the top end. That's another
bench racing tale.

Terry