Re: Dodge Service SUCKS-Round Two

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 08:04:36 EDT

> Greetings,
>
> The more I think about my experience with Earnhart's Dodge the
> madder I get. Today while pulling a radiator out of my Toy truck the
> Dodge just called to me....Hey Steve! Look closer!!
>
> Looked it over again and decided to pull the battery out and
> see what they had really done/not done. Disconnected the battery and
> pulled off the cover. As I took the hold down bolts out I noticed that
> the lower half of each bolt is corroded, they didn't replace them.
> They replaced the battery (Stock was 750 amp, H.D. Service pkg) with a
> Mopar 6/60 810 Amp battery, I can live with that. They also claimed to
> have replaced the "Battery storage assembly" (bat. tray). there was
> still corrosion on the clip that the battery hold-down bolts thread
> into, and the tray had quite a bit of stuff in it also. Bottom line:
> They charged Dodge for a part and labor that they did not do!!!!!!
>
> Sir John clued me in to look in the cowl vents for the leaking
> washer fluid, and there it was. Going to ask them for a check-valve
> and install it myself, do not want them touching that if they can't
> even find it.
>
> They"fixed"the pass. door, but screwed up the drivers
> door.(Didn't ask them to look at the drivers door)and it was just fine
> before. So let's add it up...
>
> Took it in for three minor issues.... 3
> Problems fixed....... 1
> Problems caused..... 2
>
> total.... 4 problems
>
> I contacted the Service manager and spoke with him. he seemed
> concerned about charging for a part I didn't get, even though I was
> not charged a dime. The rest of the problems he didn't seem to care
> about. So at this point, I am going to take John's advice and contact
> Chrysler and get them involved. No more Mr. Nice Guy, Steve goes for
> the throat.....
>

> Steve (Pissed off, but never on...)
>

> 97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
> Gibson Cat-Back...
> Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow

All I can say is, yeah Go Steve! Bring in the big boys, sounds like a
plan to me, there's no need even fooling with a dealership that doesn't
know what it is doing (And it sounds like Earnhart fits that bill). Hope
it turns out well for you, and you find someone competent @ CC to get your
truck fixed.

Bruce