Re: Brake Question

From: Brian Cleary (bcleary@interlog.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 17:06:49 EDT

Don't know how fast you need to get this problem corrected but I can look
at them early next week. I'm out of town this weekend but can bring my
tools back from the farm and we could get together some evening. Would
only take a minute to pop off the wheels and take a peek. Let me know when
and where.

This flimsy rotor thing seems to be a 90's problem and not just Chrysler.
Wonder if suppliers are getting 'cheap' with quality on these parts and
not owning up to it? Dealers seem to think that the owners should pay for
their cheapness. Perhaps a revolt is in order!

Brian Cleary
bcleary@interlog.com
----------
> Hi Brian,
>
> I've been dealing with Scarborotown Chrysler at Sheppard and McCowan.
I've
> always been treated very well there and in the last 2 years I've never
had
> to have anything more than oil changes and tires rotated. The funny
thing
> is that the '93 was bought in Edmonton and this '95 is leased from
> Scarborotown and they're both experiencing the same problem. Two
completely
> different dealers. I wish that I could have work done somewhere else,
but
> with the lease and warranty, I don't have much of a choice.
>
> Hey, if you do all your own work, would you be able to take a look at it
for
> me and give me your opinion? I'm starting to have serious doubts about
all
> of these places now. One thing that I'm completely positive about is
that
> the brake was definitely bad with the '93 as I could hear it grind when
it
> went. That's a sound I never want to hear again. Funny that my previous
> service visits never pointed out that the brake pad was wearing thin.
Maybe
> they saw a potential rotor replacement and a female owner, and decided to
> let it go. That was with Eastway Plymouth Cbrysler at Eglinton and
McCowan.