Fwd: Re: gibson exhaust system

From: tnadoman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue Jun 17 1997 - 13:53:31 EDT

I'll post a conversation I had with Sean yesterday. Its in regard to the Mopar cat-back system
for the '97 Dakota's. Maybe it will be of interest to someone out there.

Dave Thede

------Begin forward message-------------------------

> Hope I'm not repeating someone's reply but I don't remember seeing
> one.
>
> If you go with the Gibson Dave you muffler choice is make for you.
> You'll get one muffler with a single 3" input and dual 2-1/2" outputs.
> If you want to choose the brand muffler you want you'll need to
> either 1) find which aftermarket systems are available for the Dak, or
> 2) pick a muffler and have a competent shop fab up some duals.

Thanks Sean!! I was at the Dodge dealer today gettting my first 3,000 mile oil change. While
waiting, I looked over the Ram SS/T they had there. It obviously had the 3" (single) exhaust. It
looked pretty huge (diameter) compared to Dakota's. I asked how much for the Mopar cat-back and
was told $290.00. I'm thinking of waiting until the package (R/T) for the '97 comes out. I
believe that it contains the headers (not ready for 4x4 yet), cat-back, and other stuff (I can't
remember). Maybe I'll get it all at once...or in pieces.

Anyway, thanks...I'll probably get the Mopar single now (I was looking at Gibson dual) and have
them install it.

Decisions decisions.

Thanks again.

Dave