RE: Dyno graphs

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 1997 - 12:06:04 EDT

Ok, so I did mean to hassle you...I admit it. Much like the old muscle cars of the late 60s/ early 70s, all horsepower was measured at the flywheel, and didn't account for any powertrain losses. Modern day HP is listed as BHP, measured at the brakes. I wonder what the '97 Dak is listed as, BHP or flywheel HP? Mine is 'rated' at 230 / 300, and I'm wondering how close that is. Wait 'til I get my Nerf Bars installed, along with a tool-box on the back and maybe a grill guard (Not Mopar's though), boy, that'll really boost the HP numbers!

Pat Buthmann