Re: Aftermarket A/C, was: Newbie Introduction - HELP!

From: Richard Brown (Richard.Brown@MCI.Com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 1997 - 16:56:24 EDT

At 02:33 PM 6/19/97 -0600, Jason Bleazard wrote:
>Sorry I can't offer any insights into your temperature problem, but I did
>want to ask how much it cost to get the A/C installed. Did you have it
>done at the dealer? My biggest complaint about my '95 is that there's no
>A/C, and I think I'm going to have it put in once I get to Toronto.

Place here in Sacramento called "Polar Bear". Cost alittle over $800 if I

remember right (its been 5 years!). The thing is, I've NEVER had a
problem with the A/C... and others attribute that to NOT using the
Chrysler A/C system, which has apparently been known to have "problems".
The only annoyance is with the 2.5 litre I'm suffering vacuum deprivation
when accelerating on the freeway... typically past 60mph. The cold air
will switch from the front panel vents to the floor. An additional check
valve did help somewhat, but it still happens.

>I suppose that's what I get for buying used instead of ordering a new one.
>The selection was pretty limited. I see quite a few Dakotas driving
>around Utah, but it seems like nobody wants to sell theirs. Can any of us
>blame them?

Surprised? ;-)

Oh, and I liked your sig. Isn't Betzer a DICK? "Chekov" plays him well!

 Richard Brown Antelope, Calif.
 '70 \6 Challenger Conv. (440 6pak R/T clone in progress)
 '92 Dakota 2.5L (Great gas mileage, no power )