1/4 mile times

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Sat Jun 21 1997 - 03:14:19 EDT

welp, i ran my bone stock dakota today at the local drag strip, i guess i
have some getting used to, because i ran off some pretty bad times and
r/t's not too good either.

first pass:

r/t: .688
60' 2.391
1/4: 16.676@80.28

second pass:

r/t.644
60' 2.309
1/4: 16.354@81.24

now mind you i was having traction problems, my truck has the tire and
handling package, but those 235/70/15's dont do a very good job of keeping
the power to the ground, i was spinning those tires about 20 feet off the
line. i let the tranny shift into 2nd gear on its own and i shifted to 3rd
manually (cause if you let the truck shift manually into 3rd, it shifts too
early if ya dont have the right momentum i think, and for the 1-2 shift
manually, ya end up holding it at redline too long). i have a set of
275/60/15's i am going to have installed on the rear of the truck on sunday
and get soem 245/60/15's for the front to match the rears. tomoroww morning
im having my cat back exhaust put on and im installing my FIPK. maybe weds
ill go back and see if my times get lower, traction was a BIG problem for
me tonight. maybe if i hooked up nicely, i could run some high 15's???.
anyone else run there's???. mins has the 3.55 gears and a limited slip diff
btw.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Emerald Green Sport V8
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car