RE: U-Haul turns into "Not-4-U-Haul"

From: Travis Lytle (trav@netusa1.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 16:54:02 EDT

        I rented the smallest two axle trailer they had when I moved to Cali. I don't remember the size exactly but it was a descent size, I was moving from Indiana to Cali. I have a 95 dak 318 5 speed. Everything was fine until I got to Bakersfield, I had stop at light and started to take off when the truck died. It wasn't cuz I didn't know how to drive a stick, the trailer brakes had locked up something hard, so I had to drag (I mean drag that piece of crap) to the nearest UHaul. It was only a couple blocks down the street which wasn't that bad. The funny thing is though after I made that trip, I moved back to Indiana, my truck doesn't sound the same. I have no muffler, just cat and is dual out right after the cat. It has gotten louder, backfires, and has loss a lot of power, hell I can't even bark'm anymore 8(

        I the guy at the Uhaul here in Indiana I think rented me that trailer because I was moving so far away and it was a piece of crap trailer, so he could get ride of it for good. Heck the people at the Uhaul in Cali said they don't even have any more of those, it was the old style trailer. basically did this Uhaul screw up my truck or what the heck is wrong with it? I have almost 60,000 miles on it. I see someone with about the same problem had the dealer do something to the distributor.
Travis Lytle trav@netusa1.net
http://www.netusa1.net/~mjlytle/
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/172436
ICQ# 172436