Re: Injectors

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 21:27:05 EDT

>I'm thinking about getting the Hi Po fuel injectors from MPI. Has anyone

I don't recall any list members mentioning replacing the injectors.

Seeing as the same parts are used for the 5.9l (and 8 liter V10), I sorta
doubt you'd notice any improvement in performance at any rpm a stock
engine could achieve.

I'd really like to see the specs on the injectors, actually. Theoretically,
at some (very high) engine speed, they wouldn't be able to flow enough
to achieve a proper fuel/air mix, you'd be running lean and fast, and
probably melt something (eg. piston top). It could be too, that the
rough idle many have experienced can be traced to erratic behavior of
the stock injectors at very short duration open times. THAT would not
be a performance issue, though.

I'd guess that your money would be best spent on a MP SBEC first.

Jim

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse
for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to
encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be
attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
  T. Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria, in "On Crimes and Punishment"