Re: FIPK (FreshAir by Meldrum) and 1/8 mile racing

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 14:41:50 EDT

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:03:00 -0600, you wrote:

>As far as the suregrip unit goes, I don't know if trying to replace the
>rear-end is the best idea. I'm thinking about putting a locker in mine,
>this is a fairly simple add-on for the rear-end and provides posi. Does
>anyone know of any after-market lockers for the Dak 3.55 rear-ends?

Looked into lockers about three months ago. At that time nobody had
any and they stated that the anti-lock brake tone ring is on the ring
gear and would hinder development.

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow