RE: FIPK (FreshAir by Meldrum) and 1/8 mile racing

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 23:29:04 EDT

>At 11:14 PM 6/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>>I think Lock-Right has an application for the 8-1/4. Jeg's carries 'em.
>>>Simple bolt in without having to remove carrier.
>>
>>> sean meldrum
>
>>Ok, you got me wondering, How does that system work? Is it hard to
>>install? Can I do it myself or by a respectable shop? Advantanges or
>>Disadvantages?? This may be the way I go!!! (Pardon the pun)
>>
>>Rob Robinson
>
>I originally read an install article in one of my Mustang mags. Supposed
>to be a driveway install. Don't need to remove the carrier or gears. Its
>a cogged type locker similar to a Detroit Locker in that it will disengage
>for turns. Somewhere around $325-$350. I'll try to dig up the article
>and get some specifics if yer interested.

It seems as though it would be cheaper and better not to take things apart
andhave to worry if everything is set up correctly. If you do come across
the article, let me know.

Thanks. I wish mine had come from the factory with the option. Oh well.
That is what happens when you buy the only V8 around.

Rob Robinson
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport
318-3.55
Meldrum air-14"