Driveshaft boot

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Sat Jun 28 1997 - 02:47:12 EDT

on teh way home tonight from teh drag strip, i was playing around with a
buddy on the way, we raced. he has a '93 VW corrado SLC. we got to about
115 mph and the boot onthe driveshaft on my '97 club cab came of teh
carrier assembly. this is the second time this boot has flewn apart on my
truck. is there any driveway fix for this?/. has anyone else had this
problem?. the first time the dealer replaced the whole driveshaft assembly
in the truck for safe measure, apparently they didnt measure enough. how
come they have a two peice driveshaft anyways?. one long one will be
suffice, not like there are any steep pinion angles er nuttin. is tehr a
driveway fix or should i bring her back to the dealer??.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car