Re: Speaker placement question

From: Ryan LeBlanc (rleblanc@deltanet.com)
Date: Sat Jun 28 1997 - 20:00:45 EDT

Sean Meldrum wrote:

> At 09:27 AM 6/29/97 +0900, you wrote:
> >Ooops, sorry. I fergot those were the oversize kind. Crutchfield
> has
> >a nice little selection. If you gohigh end, adapter plates can be
> made
> >out of MDF. All ya need is a little wood working skills. I
> >can't wait to dig into mine. : -)
> >
> >Have fun.......
> >

> Adapters is exactly the route I was lookin' to go. Has anyone had the
> rear
> panels off yet? Could a 6x9 be made to fit?
> *******************************97 Dakota
> sean meldrum

When I had my 97 in for the amp and sub, they took the back panels off
to mount the amp between the panel and body. There is a piece of
reinforcing sheetmetal in there that they cut out a spot for the amp.
There looked to be ample room but you may have to trim that sheet metal
top fit some 6x9s. But boy, what a difference that kind of speaker
would make in that cab!!! Good luck.

Ryan

97, SLT+, Club Cab, 5.2L, 4x2