Re: ClubCab Subwoofer

From: Stacy Clark (clar8883@dpnet.net)
Date: Tue Jul 01 1997 - 10:34:42 EDT

Michael Meyerhoff wrote:

> I've always wanted a sub under the seats in the back of my club cab. My
> dream system was two kicker solobarics and amp mounted in a custom
> enclosure under the seats.
>
> REALITY
>
> The kickers are pricey. The other day i found a Jensen G.R.I.P 8" that
> uses .4 cubic feet (kickers=.33), the price is 65 so i think i'm gonna try
> it. Has anyone completely replaced the storage boxes?? please contact me.
> I know Glenn W. has a kicker in one of the storage boxes. so there is
> enough room.
>
> Questions I have...
> 1. under the storage box there is the metal floor of the cab. Can i leave
> the metal exposed as part of the box (with sealing/matting/noise reducer)
> or do i have to fit particle board to the contors as part of the box?
> 2. Has anyone know anything about the jensen G.R.I.P series. I know that
> jensen isn't the best name around. The 8" can take 125w RMS (375 peak) and
> has a max SPL of 93db at 47.72 hz. Any info experience with this line of
> speakers will be welcomed. I probably cant afford the amp to power them
> anywhere near 125w rms, so i won't be pushing them to thier limits. :>>
> experiencing the smell of fried voice coil once is enough.
>
> I have some box building experience. I built a box to go with a 12" duel
> voice coil sub a friend gave me for my home stereo.
> Any help is greatly appreciated. mm
>

> ___________
> // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
> {}|| | | ||{} mmeye@umr.edu
> [=============] 92 Dakota SLE Club Cab
> | D O D G E | Magnum 3.9l V6 4X2 3.55
> [|=============|] K&N filter, 2 1/2" exhaust
> [_] [_]

8's aren't gonna give you alot of thump but will sound nice depending on
the music your listening to. I have a standard cab 97 so what i'm in the
process of doing is putting dynomat on the rear cab wall. putting
plywood behind the carpet of the rear cab walls, mounting my amp to
that. I put a smooth side ( no windows on the side)cap on the back
sealing the windows and dropping 2 JL audio 12's in a bandpass box in
the bed. It should thump nicely. Them when i get an amp for the
Infinity's im thinking about mounting the cross over on the air rest in
the middle that folds down for easy access while driving. What do you
think.

Jason Clark Age 18
97 Dodge Dakota Sport ( Black or corse)