Re: 97 DAK question

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Tue Jul 01 1997 - 15:55:31 EDT

jack snodgrass wrote:

> >The "horn" is something entirely different. Attached to the front
> >of the airbox is a "horn" shaped inlet. Removing this piece
> >seems to improve flow, and also gives you alot more sound
> >at WOT.
> >
> How do you remove the horn? I see how it's attacjed to the side of the
> truck. I can pry off that attachment thing. Did you hack saw yours
> off... or did you remove the WHOLE air-filter box and slide it out of
> the box. It's attached to the box with a 6 inch tube that slides into
> the box. Thanks.

The horn is attached to the front of the truck, and it also
snaps into the airbox. I didn't realize this until I took
the airbox completely out because it snaps in on the bottom.
The best way might be to just remove the box. The box is
bolted down, and then has two "alignment" bolts on the bottom
that can't really be loosened or tightened. I actually got a
ratchet and cranked on them, and while they felt loose they
never came out. So, I just pulled up on the box and out it
came!

good luck,
Phil
'97 Dakota