Re: Performace question: automatic -vs- manual

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 04 1997 - 20:54:44 EDT

<< It's comments like these that make me think of the term "Opinions are
 like a**holes, everybody has one." Maybe you guys should ask Karl
 (headers, ignition, slicks, cool-ass exhaust, AUTOMATIC, and
 God-knows-what-else") how he did last weekend against, ahem, Andre
 and Alan (sans MSD) with MANUAL transmissions. If I recall correctly
 (and I do) Andre was pulling 14.8's with his 3.90's and Alan was
 ripping off consistent 15.2's and even dipped down to 15.1; I've
 personally seen this truck run 14.8's with the MSD installed, and
 all this with 3.21 gears and a MANUAL trans. Say, Bill, what'll you
 auto run without the juice?

I ain't to sure what happened here, who's on first?? Anyway my old club cab
auto has run 14.9 best without juice, so far, and that was before the MSD
this years best has been 15.1 but to date have not seen nothing but rearview
mirror views of any the 5 speeds I had the pleasure of running and that is at
our elevation and weather. If you have a stock 5 speed running 14's with 3.21
gears then I would be nothing but proud of that vehicle especially if it
would do it up here. Some rigs are naturally fast and some dogs, mines a dog
but I have fun whooping the guys in the 5 speeds and enjoying what you do is
most of the battle.

We have had several colorful discussions about the Auto VS 5 Speeds and I
just through that out to see what I could stir up amoungst some of the new
members. Truck for truck racing, especially with juice, I'm partial to autos.
Maybe I'm, just getting too old?

Bill