Re: 1997 Dakota vs. Mustang GT

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 10:29:50 EDT

Kane V Turner wrote:

> Does anyone know how many mods would it take to beat a 1995 Mustang GT
> with 215hp? Would it take any at all? I have a 1997 Dodge Dakota Sport
> with a 318 in it, and I add A K&N Filtercharger FIPK. Do you think my
> truck could beat it? If not, what kind of mods would I need?
> Thanks
> Kane
> 1997 Dakota Sport reg. cab 5.2liter K&N FIPK

Right now, assuming you have a regular cab truck, you are probably 4-5
tenths slower than the stangs. First mod a MP computer(when you can get
one). In the mean time, go with a good exhaust system (huge gains
possible here) and try a 180 degree thermostat(I picked up at least a
tenth with it and its cheap). Oh yea, get some big sticky tires too. I
use the Dunlop GT Qualifiers and they are the stickiest street radials I
have ever used. Good hunting.

Andre Mauboussin
95 Sport Reg Cab 14.70@93.5mph.