Re: Roar!

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 04:01:19 EDT

On Sat, 05 Jul 1997 10:00:16 -0500, you wrote:

>> I had considered going electric or flex blade but the local race engine
>> builder told me that if I had the clutch type fan then I would not gain a
>> thing. He siad the electric is big draw on alt and the flex is always turning
>> where the clutch type when clutch is not engaged draws very little power. He
>> told me it would be a waste of money and time??
>
>This is consistent with everything I have read and I would agree.

This is true, but most of the serious racers I know wire it with a
cutout switch so they can turn the fans off during a race to save the
draw from the alternator.....

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow