proper rear end fluid

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 21:23:30 EDT

Just finished changing the rear end fluid today. Everything went fine,
but after I had filled it back up I noticed the oil I bought was marked
85W-140. The owners manual states 80W-90. The new oil appears to be
thicker than what came out. I did not notice this until I was finished
and looked on the oil container (never trust the guys at the parts house
to give you what you ask for). Is it safe to run this grade oil, or do
I have to pull the cover and start over with the right weight oil? A
little help pleeeeese....:^|

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	  '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB