Re: Another K&N Prob. (Noise)

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 11:40:36 EDT

>Kane V Turner wrote:
>>
>> After I installed my K&N Filtercharger FIPK I started up my truck to hear
>> what it sounds like. Well when I cranked it, it made a whistle like
>> noise, for about 3 seconds. Then when I rev up it makes a wierd noise (
>> sucking sound)
>> before you hear the rev. It makes this same noise when I shift. I was
>> wondering does it supose to make that noise. I notice it makes my engine
>> sound louder.
>> Thanks
>> Kane
>> 1997 Dakota Sport reg. cab 5.2liter, K&N FIPK
>
>Sounds like a perfect install to me. You'll hear that sucking sound
>every time you accellerate... enjoy!

I agree. Mine makes the whistling noise when it warms up, but goes away
later when driving. The only exception is when it is real humid and I run
the air conditioning it lasts a little longer. You get used to it after a
while. (I thought it was really nerve racking at first, but after a while,
I don't even notice it.

Rob Robinson
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport
318-3.55