Bucket seats

From: Mathew DePasquale (mat1@rochester.infi.net)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 18:06:29 EDT

Anyone try to fit bucket seats from another vehicle in your
pre-97 Dakota? I tried some high back buckets from an older
Caravan but they need to be reupholstered and I didn't realize how
much it would cost until it was too late. Now, I'm looking for
another set of seats.

Has anyone done this? A friend of mine has a 1988 Nissan 300ZX with
seats that would be perfect (color, fit, etc). When I installed the
Caravan seats, I had to do a little rigging to make the holes line up.
The problem seems to be the front right bolt of the drivers side and
the front left of the passenger. I can't get behind the metal piece
to screw in the nut to the bolt. Anyone have a solution for this too?

Thanks ... Mat