Re: performance ?

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 21:26:37 EDT

> Running the "915" heads will lower your 318's compression ratio quite a
bit and
> that .484 cam will suck in front of an automatic with the stock stall
converter.
> Shelby Dakota's are kinda rare and my suggestion would be to not hack it.
 But I
> love more performance as well so if you don't have smog problems to worry
about
> I would remove and store the original 318 and EFI setup. In it's place I
would
> drop in a warm 360, which is where you can use those "915" heads to best
> advantage. Just duplicate the 340 Magnum engine, not to be confused with
the 93
> and up "Magnum" engine of 4, 6, and 8 cylinder flavors. If your stuck
with the
> 318, either because of smog or money concerns, then you have quite a bit
of hop
> up items to choose from. Shelby's are a bit different than non Shelby's
and I
> don't recall the Shelby's 318 spec's off hand. But if the 318 is just a
stock
> type mill, as in Shelby didn't tweak it, you can replace the stock roller
cam
> with a flat tappet cam. You will need a cam, flat tappets, and NEW
pushrods as
> the roller cam pushrods are too short, by a long shot. The .455 cam is a
good
> suggestion. What are you willing to do to hop this up? What are your
goals
> after the hop up? Sounds like your not interested in towing the Empire
State
> Building but let us know what you want and then we can point you in the
right
> direction.

did i forget to mention to mill those heads like i did with mine and to get
at least a 2200 stall converter??. whats going on in my head?:). and those
mills are stock chrysler small block engines shoehorned in a dakota.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car