Re: 4X4 Times

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 14:41:20 EDT

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997 21:32:20 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>O.K. Gents,
>
> I have a '97 4X4 with the 318 and 3.55 (extended cab). I was wondering
>how much time I am giving up for having the 4X4 and the extended cab. I have
>heard some pretty impressive times from some of your Daks...and would really
>like to drop a few 1/10's off mine...but not at the expense of the 4X4.
> So...what is the verdict...how much time am I giving up for the convenience
>of the 4X4 and the extended cab each?
>
>Russ

Try some of the easier mods first. I recently added a Gibson exhaust
system to my 97' CC 4X4 and it made a hell of a difference. You then
might go for a K&N filter, computer (when it comes out) and so on. I
do not race my 4X4, but I have smoked a few cars in the last few
months. If I was really into the racing deal, I'd convince the wife to
but a 98' RT standard cab 4X2....

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow