Re: Gibson sport truck exhaust

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 00:18:48 EDT

At 11:41 PM 7/7/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Im to am interested in the Gibson Exhaust, and headers. I heard they
>sound great, and give good hp. I was wondering since they make three
>different types of exhaust (3" single, dual side, and dual out the back)
>which one is better, you know most hp, and torque.
>Thanks
>Kane
>1997 Dakota Sport reg. cab 5.2liter, K&N FIPK

Has anyone checked with Gibson lately? Early in '97 when I talked to
Gibson they stated that they wouldn't be doing the NASCAR type side exit
for the Dakota due to the extreme rear positioning of the muffler. I just
hate to see somebody get all excited and find out sumthin' isn't available.

Flowteck *does* offer a dual side (NASCAR) exit exhaust for the '97s. Also
offer dual rear and single 3". I'll repost or forward p/n's if anyone is
interested.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****