Re: Best Kind Of Gas/Etc...

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Fri Jul 11 1997 - 02:07:46 EDT

Bryan M Nored wrote:

> Where do you live? Gas here in Oregon is about $1.19 at the right
> station, most are around 1.25, geeze yours must be allot.
> Bryan Nored
>
> On Wed, 9 Jul 1997 08:40:51 -0700 "Sam Parthemer" <samp@cts.com> writes:
> >

> >> So I should just run 87 in it until I get a computer chip for it.
> >> Kane
> >> 1997 Dakota 5.2liter, K&N FIPK
> >>

> > Your truck was setup for 87 octane from the factory. The only
> >time I ever used premium (91 octane or higher) was while pulling a
> >boat/trailer (hot & heavy) to avoid any nasty pinging. I never
> >experienced
> >it with the 87 octane while towing, but wanted to avoid the problem I
> >had
> >with my '91 premagnum-V8 while towing (ping-ping-pingpong...you get
> >the picture).
> >
> > With the MP SBEC you'll be paying for the premium ANY time
> >you drive... But hey, it costs money to have fun right??? Figure on
> >about
> >$32-35 a tank full for premium (20 gallons). I miss the $23.00 fill
> >up
> >days!!
> >

> >Sam '95 SLT Dakota
> >http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/

I agree, that sounds steep Sam. My fill-ups run an average of $16.00
93 octane here near Houston is usually $1.20ish sometimes you can find
it for $1.19... of course being near to all the petroleum refineries
helps prices here...

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	  '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB