A Day At The (street) Races

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Sun Jul 13 1997 - 16:13:35 EDT

last night i felt headstrong with my new Throttle Body mod on my DAK. so i
headed out to the local street race saturday night hangout to have some
fun. well. i was there for 5 minutes and a guy came up and asked me if i
wanted to race him in his gmc s-15. i said sure. i looked like a real hunk
of junk, i asked what he had in it and he said a little ole V6. well.. we
get out on the street and a guy in a mustang came up and said dont run

cause a cop is at the en of the street, so we went back to the hangout and
it turns out someone told me that truck is a cyclone pickup with teh ground
effects removed!. good thing i ddint race him, i found out teh truck is all
done up and runs mid 11's, woulda embarrasses myself badly!. so later we
went to another spot the cops didnt know about and i ended up talkin to a
guy with a '96 4.6l mustang with pulleys and flowmaster and crap. he wanted
to race my DAK. i said SURE!!. soooo.. we lined up and at the local street
races you go from a rolling start of 20 mph. so when the guy pointed we
went and to my surprise i broke teh rear tiers loose wen i took off!. the
guy in teh stang spun worse than i did. needless to say i got a good jump
on him and kept it. we raced to the lightpole which is supposed to be about
400 feet longer or so than a 1/4 mile. i was over 100 mph!. i was very
happy!. specially since i beat a stang on teh street legitly. it was too
cool and i was very happy!. jus thought i'd tell ya'll.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car