Re: Exhaust questions (again)

From: Scott Vieth (svieth@ameritech.net)
Date: Sun Jul 13 1997 - 10:00:58 EDT

James Bird wrote:

> So I ordered a Gibson, and am waiting anxiously for it. I do this because
> a want a good performance muffler with dual 2.5" pipes out to match the
> Doug Thorleys going on next week.
>
> Well I stop by the local muffler shop that might be doing the work, and he
> tells me that I am NUTS for putting a Gibson ($99) on if I am planning to
> install the DT headers and new MP chip (the year it comes out), and paying
> extra for all Mandrel bends. He said the ONLY way to go is a good
> Flowmaster. I explained that I have heard the 2 stage units and they are
> too loud for me. He tells me that Flowmaster makes a much better unit than
> the two stage and it's much quieter. He highly recommended that I let him
> install the Flowmaster of his choice ($140) and if I don't like it, he'll
> make it better until I'm happy.

So this guy is saying that the Gibson is too restrictive? I dunno about
that one.

It sounds to me like he wants to bleed as much money out of you as
possible.
Ask him *why* he doesn't think the Gibson is a good idea.

My Gibson systems works great (IMHO) and I plan to add the headers later
this
year.

-Scott Vieth