Re: Burnout And Tbi Mods

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Tue Jul 15 1997 - 23:52:17 EDT

At 10:21 PM 7/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>slicks supposed to be here tomoroww. i might just get 295/50/15's for the
>rear then.
>

>Jarrod

Hey Jarrod....I got to thinkin' about the slicks and the Drag Radials. Did
you get the slicks with the intention of eventually using 'em on yer Demon?
 You probably aren't going to see the full benefits of the slicks on the
truck unless yer gonna neutral slam it, upgrade to a higher stall
converter, or go all out on the trans with a "brake". That buddy of mine
that uses 'em on his Mustang launches it at 4k rpm and they still hook,
even being the short sidewall 255/50/16's!; this giving him a 2.0 60ft.
*His* buddy drags a '94 (I think) Dakota with 28 or 29 inch tall slicks,
5spd, and a 3.90 rear plus a slew of other mods. 4800 rpm launches and 1.8
sec. 60 ft's!

  If you got 275/60/15 Drag Radials for the truck as strip tires, you'd get
all the hook you'll be able to use *plus* be able to drive 'em to and from
the track with no worries of weak sidewalls. Just my $0.02. Either way I
can't wait to hear the results!!!!!
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6A & Blaster 2 coil w/ chrome cover
****