Re: Chrysler auto OD trans

From: Jack Snodgrass (dakota@cybermail.net)
Date: Wed Jul 16 1997 - 21:45:21 EDT

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997 18:38:58 -0700 (PDT), JT McBride wrote:

>>Chrys has come up with a few "stupid" (my opinion) fixes, but the best fix I
>>have seen is an aftermarket company named TransGo* - not a fly by night
>>company - but a company with a rather large R+D budget that has been around
>>for years. The lube system is really changed here - giving the OD section
>>much needed lube help. There are also improvements in other areas of shift
>..
>>unit rebuilding, contact me, Craig. CBurn72615@aol.com
>
>Craig - many on the Dakota list would like this info, so if you're not
>subscribed, you ought to - or in the interim, email me, and I'll pass it on.
>
>One big question: Is it reasonable for the mechanically savvy owner to fit
>these parts? Does it entail a full rebuild to install them?
>
>Jim

The Sep 97 (it's only July and the September issue is on the stands )
issue of Truckin' has an article about this. It goes into detail on
a trasngo* upgrade to a chevy or ford automatic tansmission. It's
pretty hairy as far as I'm concerned. I don't think I'll be able
to do it on my truck. You can read the article yourself and decide
if your more mechanically inclined.

Jack Snodgrass
   '97 Dakota SLT+ CC, 2w, V8, auto, stock