Re: HELP! Stereo Stupid and I've got questions!

From: Shawn Shultzaberger (shultzas@mwr.kic.or.jp)
Date: Sat Jul 19 1997 - 20:40:20 EDT

Sean Meldrum wrote:

> Ok all you audiophiles......I happened across a stereo adapter and
> wiring
> harness adapter for my in-dash CD player tonight (I was out gettin'
> stuff
> for the "Pilone Throttle Body" mods 8^) ).
>
> Here's my questions:
>
> 1) Am I correct in that the front face of the dash just "pulls"
> off?
>
> 2) I haven't bought adapters for the 6-1/2"s I've got for the
> doors......what would happen if I use the stock 8 ohm speakers?
>
> Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/
>
> Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
> "Fresh air by Meldrum"
> All exterior vinyl graphics removed
> Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
> DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
> MSD 6A & Blaster 2 coil w/ chrome cover
> ***************************************
> ************************************
> ****

   Ok... not to sure about the dash. But I know that it won't hurt
anything to use your stock speakers. All you will notice is a
decrease in power. Once you get your new ones in, you will notice
that they will seem to play louder. Also, the freq. range of your
new head unit it much better than the stock. And actually, with
8ohm speakers the head unit won't have to work as hard as when
playing the 4ohm speakers. It will be just fine....

Shawn
(97 V8 5spd)