Re: Shit Kit Install

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Sat Jul 19 1997 - 23:48:39 EDT

> How much was the shift kit? Was it hard to install? I don't know much
> about installing a shifter, but I'd like to get one for my 1997 Dakota.
> It's not an automatic, it's a five-speed. I'd like to get one because I
> do a lot of spinning off the start, and I chirp second too. I still
> haven't got my Sure Grip yet, but I still think it would spin a little.
> Kane
> 1997 Dakota sport reg. cab 3.2 5.2liter, K&N FIPK

shift kits are for automatic transmissions. they help the tranny shift firm
instead of shifting smoothly(which puts more wear on the clutches and
bands.)

if you got a five speed, then get a limited slip rear diff adn some fatter
meat in the rear and you can pretty much say goodbye to traction problems,
especially with 3.21 gears.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit.
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car