Re: 96 Dakota 4x4 Help

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 1997 - 17:34:47 EDT

----------
> From: No Spam <brian@nospam.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.dodge.trucks
> Subject: 96 Dakota 4x4 Help
> Date: Sunday, July 20, 1997 09:38 AM
>
> I have the opportunity to buy a 96 Dakota 4x4 SLT V8 extra cab and I was
> hoping I could get some info from this group.
>
> First, I live in Salt Lake City, UT and the truck was a trade in at a
> local dealer. The truck appears to be well taken care of, but has high
> miles (32,000), not too bad if you concider the in service date to be
> late 95. Interior is in excellent shape, except radio is broken (which
> they will fix.) The exterior has a heavy duty brush/grill gaurd,
> running bar/tubes on the sides, a painted in bed liner and a tow
> package.
>
> What are your experiences with the Dakota? Is it a well built truck and
> will it last for years or will it be in the shop a lot? I can get it
> for $16785. Is this a good deal?

        Brian, I have a '95 4x2, and have 67000 miles on it. I am really
happy with it, but I can't speak about the '96's or 4x4's.. I forwarded a
copy
of this message to the Dodge Dakota mailing list, and with 330+ people on
the list, someone out there with a '96 4x4 will reply back about the pluses
and
minus's of the truck.

Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/