Re: Jason in Toronto

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Mon Jul 21 1997 - 23:09:43 EDT

Jason & Norah wrote:

> The other thing I noticed was the turn signal. It was weak and
> flickering,
> so I bought a heavier-duty flasher and installed it. Nothing. So I
> bought
> an even heavier duty flasher and put that in. Still didn't help very
> much.
> We saw another Dakota on the way pulling a large RV, and his turn
> signals
> were doing the exact same thing. Is this a common thing, or did I
> just
> replace the wrong flasher?

I'm sure you are aware, but there are actually "extra" flasher relays in
the Dak
instead of one heavy-duty flasher. This I know because there are 3 (I
think)
extra spots on the fuse block labeled "Trailer 1", 2 and 3. So, did you
replace
all of the relays, or just the main one? I wouldn't expect replacing
just the
main one to have any effect.

good luck,

--