Re: K&N E-1065

From: EDWARD TRAXLER (edtrax@thegrid.net)
Date: Mon Jul 21 1997 - 20:12:22 EDT

----------
> From: Sean Meldrum <spm@c3net.net>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: K&N E-1065
> Date: Monday, July 21, 1997 15:55 PM

<snip .. for bandwidth>

> So....any performance gains? Horsepower gains are preferred by rpm....
;^)
Sport*******************************
> sean meldrum

<snip>
-----------
Yeah, my seat-o-pants Dyno says .. yep. Anyhoo .. like the roar when I step
on it anyway.

I went out just now and re-measured everything .. again. This time, before
I opened up any beer. While the E-1065 _does_ measure ~ in the vicinity of
3" in height ... It doesn't .. not exactly. Actually, from top to bottom ..
it measures 2.75" ... WELL COME-ON guys .. it looked like 3" when I slapped
a tape on it in the auto parts store! Now, though .. *sigh* we come to the
actual filter area. There is a rubber ... thingie/gasket on top and bottom
of the filter. The *actual* filter/surface/height is (drum roll) 2.125" ...
this gives a grand total for the surface area of ... ~ 65 sq. in.

Anyhoo -- I'm trying to _massage_ some parts .. an plastic elbow (water
pipe) and a piece of a heater pipe. The Edelbrock air cleaner has a 5/8"
tube sticking down from the bottom of the case for attaching the hose
running from the valve cover. I get this _bad_ bend just connecting up the
hose... trying to get a nice & neat connect.

TIRES:
Picked up a copy of MOPAR ACTION at the local parts store (OCT issue). It
has part II on lowering a 92 Dakota. Evidently last issue concerned the
drop. This issue, they replace continue to improve the handling
capabilities by replacing rubber cab mounts, etc. with polyurethane
equivalents from Energy Suspension. Neat stuff .. Check out the tires and
wheels ... 225/50-ZR17s on 17x8" wheels from Prime Wheels of Gardena,
California. (Yes ... 6 lugs on 4-1/2" bolt circle and correct offset!!!!).
Their choice gives them an overall match with DIA. My question .. anybody
got an idea of the __cost__ for these tires and wheels? Like, someone other
then Bill Gates afford them?

Edward Traxler
Ft Hunter Ligget, CA
95 Club Cab Slt V6

"The author's best friend is the person who shoots him just before he makes
one change too many."
Daniel Keyes