Dakota Hesitation

From: David Zavetsky (dzavetsky@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 22 1997 - 21:54:03 EDT

I have a 1992 V8 4x4.....Its got about 80k miles on it.....Just recently, it
started hesitating on steady, part throttle....in just about any
gear.....Can almost make it do it, when I want to....

Replaced fuel filter (inline), sprayed out throttle body, ran tank of
injector cleaner concentrate, new spark plugs, cap and rotor....Does it with
stock SBEC and MP SBEC....abou tthe same.

Running out of ideas, except to take to dealer (not my favorite option!)....

Dealer recently reset my "maint req" light.....I changed the O2 sensor at
about 60k miles.....Cannot seem to find the right EGR valve to replace mine
EVEN at the dealer!! Have tried one from NAPA but it made truck ping like
crazy! The dealer had the EXACT same part number/setup....So I passed....

Any ideas?? Other than the hesitation, the truck runs pretty ok.....